Monday, February 25, 2008

Success!

Sitting here at the local coffee shop, doing some work for my dad, Emmy the Great on the iPod, good news to share:

I have hit the halfway mark for fundraising!

As of 9:35 p.m. I have a total of $1,069, 56% of my total fundraising goal. That means it's on like Tron. I've hit my recommitment target and now have until the race to raise the rest of the money ($831).

Thank you notes will go out soon, but I want to right now thank everyone who has given to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I am so touched by everyone's generosity. I keep hearing "I wish I could do more." Please know you've done enough, no matter how much you've given. You are making a difference in the lives of those who have been afflicted with these diseases. I hope I can make you proud in Nashville.

I will hit you with a running post ASAP, but I couldn't wait any longer to get the good word out about the fundraising. The internet connection at home has been dodgy (hence the trip to the coffee shop) and there's a paper to get out, so the running post may be tomorrow night. Hopefully sooner, though.

If you know someone who might be interested in donating to LLS, please pass this along. If you are considering donating, there's no better time than now. Please visit my page and consider sponsoring me at $2/mile ($26)...but again, know that every little penny makes a difference. Here's the link:

http://www.active.com/donate/tntmida/tntmidaJKessin

Thanks again!

--Jeff

No comments: