Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Week 5, Day 3 - Unintentional rest day makes a world of difference

I'm not gonna lie...I was SORE!

I did the longest run of my life Saturday night 4 miles on the treadmill. My sense of accomplishment was somewhat tempered by fatigue. I'd spent the day helping my sister-in-law Jennifer raise her Team In Training money at the Nixa Winterguard Festival, a day that started at about 6 a.m. I didn't get home until around 10 p.m., so I was already exhausted.

But I got the run in, then did my 2-mile recovery run Sunday night. I was feeling it Monday. My left quad was sore, as was a spot on the outside of my right foot. Mondays are rest/cross training days, which I usually use to cross train (a nice, slow, 30-minute walk to work the lactic acid out). But I briefly closed my eyes last night to take a short nap and didn't wake up until 5 a.m.

Oops.

The good news is I woke up without any soreness today, in either spot, and still managed to get the paper out on time. Today is a 3-mile run, which I'll knock out after getting back from a girls' district basketball game.

Fundraising Update: We're up to $215 as of right now, which is awesome. I've still got a long way to go, though. I need to get $735 more by the first of March. Difficult, but not impossible.

If you've thought about giving to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society through my Team In Training run, please do so now and help me get to Nashville. If you've already given, tell a friend and let them know all the great thing LLS does for patients and their families.

Also, let them know how badly you want to see this silly fool run 13.1 miles.

Here's the link: http://www.active.com/donate/tntmida/tntmidajkessin

--Jeff

New running song on the playlist today: The Roots - "Here I Come"

1 comment:

just a hungry man, in a hungry world said...

Kess - weird. I officially started training for a 10-miler today. About 9 1/2 weeks to go for me. View that however you want. OK, I feel kind of weird now.