Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Living real life...

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. I have been training since my last update and recently completed a five-mile run. Real life, however, has prevented me from training for several days now.

My wife, Melody, had her water break last Tuesday. She was only 35 weeks pregnant, but far enough along that our wonderful doctor decided to go ahead and deliver. Carolina Lily Kessinger, our second daughter, arrived on Wednesday, March 12, at 6:37 p.m. She was 5 pounds, 8 ounces at birth and 19 inches long - several ounces lighter, but half an inch longer than big sis Victoria Jane, who was also born at 35 weeks.

Mom's doing well and so is baby, though she was a little bit jaundiced. Okay, a lot jaundiced. She had to stay an extra day at the hospital, then - on Monday - had to go back. We first came to the hospital last Tuesday night, meaning we've only been out of here a day and a half in the past week.

We hope to be able to take Ms. Carolina home tomorrow morning or early in the afternoon. It will be nice to have our whole family together again after having not seen much of Victoria the past week.

I'll soon be able to get back into training hardcore, but for now nothing is more important than the health of my second baby girl.



--Jeff

No comments: